To develop an OTT Project Plan, you need: 1. Gather information about the goals and resources of your project:
- What are the goals of the project?
- Does the company have an experience with such projects?
- What equipment the company already has?
- How is the existing network organized?
- Are your employees trained enough to work with the platform?
- What is the content, its sources?
- How many subscribers are expected at the beginning?
- How fast will your network grow?
The upgrade level depends on existing equipment and network configurations.
Access to the content affects the project perspective and timelines, the choice of equipment, servers capacity and configuration. 2. Define the list of end-user devices needed for the project:
PC browser, IPTV/OTT boxes (Android or Linux), Android TV, Android Mobile, iOS, Smart TV.
The choice of the device affects the timelines, the final cost of the project and the service quality. 3. Resolve the delivery issue.
- Will the service be local or global?
- In global case, what CDN provider will be used?
- Do you need our help in choosing a CDN partner?
The presence of CDNs affects the integration process with the platform and the roll-out time. 4. Select the project monetization services, some of them could require additional integration:
- payment systems (PayPal, Payme, etc.),
- integration with content providers,
- operator's billing system,
- advertising platforms (inbuilt Telebreeze platform, AdMob, InMobi, any other).
The monetization method and the technical solution chosen for that affect the timeline and the cost of the project.6. Define what elements of corporate identity are needed to design the video player.
The list of requirements affects the project time and cost, and the quality of services for end users.7. Determine which user behaviour data the system should collect.
The software configuration and system setup time depend on the depth and complexity of statistics.8. Plan technical support after the project launching.
After the project is deployed, you'll probably need our technical support. We assign one of our managers to the project and plan regular consultations.