Many operators consider consumer loyalty as a myth, so they neglect to work with subscribers. Others create complicated loyalty support programs and invest significant funds in them.
Whatever be the approach, customer loyalty is one of the most important components of a stable and thriving business, regardless of the industry.
Also, it needs to be considered that not only rational factors impact loyalty but emotional as well. The conducted research allowed to identify the factors that can be used to assess the subscriber's loyalty to the telecom operator :
- Subscription period. The longer — the higher the loyalty.
- Engagement and awareness of the operator's events.
- The number of operator shifts. The more often — the lower the loyalty.
- Recommendations in favor of an alternative operator to colleagues and friends. If a subscriber recommends another operator to friends, his loyalty is low.
- The presence of visible and obvious advantages of an alternative operator (in terms of price, coverage, etc.).
If the company pays attention to the study of these factors, it identifies the bottlenecks hindering the loyalty to progress. Depending on the reasons, the relevant company department gets up to improve. For example, the marketing department most often has to convey to the consumer that the company also has what he needs, and the one just does not know about it.